Παναγία Πορταΐτισσα

Παναγία Πορταΐτισσα

Πέμπτη 18 Ιουλίου 2013

ST. SILOUAN THE ATHONITE PRAYER

ST.  SILOUAN  THE  ATHONITE  PRAYER

O merciful God, forgive me. Thou seest how my soul is drawn to Thee, her
Creator. Thou hast wounded my soul with Thy love, and she thirsts for
Thee, and wearies without end, and day and night, insatiable, reaches
toward Thee, and has no wish to look upon this world, though I do love
it, but above all I love Thee, my Creator, and my soul longs after Thee.

O my Creator, why have I, Thy little creature, grieved Thee so often?
Yet Thou hast not remembered my sins.

Glory be to the Lord God that He gave us His Only-begotten Son for the sake
of our salvation. Glory be to the Only-begotten Son that He deigned to
be born of the Most Holy Virgin, and suffered for our salvation, and
gave us His Most Pure Body and Blood to eternal life, and sent His Holy
Spirit on the earth.

O Lord, grant me tears to shed for myself, and for the whole universe,
that the nations may know Thee and live eternally with Thee, O Lord,
vouchsafe us the gift of Thy humble Holy Spirit, that we may apprehend
Thy glory.

Amen.